Monday 23 May 2016

Daily News -Part 2

Association with a daily newspaper (black and white, not electronic version) : If i do not read it on a general holiday, i literally go crazy. That's the emotion attached. Some people may call it addiction. I associate myself psychologically with the newspaper. When reading the content i just forget myself and get deeply involved. I come to know the happenings in the world at my own pace,without depending on the world wide web. No need to strain the muscles and nerves of my palm . Less strain on my eyes. These are not trivial benefits. In fact they are major benefits. I am not consuming electricity to read the newspaper. Reading newspaper has become a sacred ritual in itself. 

It is not just the news but the way it is presented that is crucial in capturing reader's attention. Sensationalism in news reporting has worked very well for certain newspapers in the short term. Once the readers became wise,they switched towards other newspapers which focus on objective news analysis. Editorial column is  very powerful  in moulding public opinion on various issues. If it is scripted by prejudiced,biased individuals with vested interests, then the society as a whole is misled.

No comments:

Post a Comment